Sunday, 19 May 2013
I really want to share some house stuff with you but seeing as nothing is totally finished yet I'm gonna hold off. Until then a fireplace wrapped in cling film will have to convince you that I am actually doing something.
SO EXCITING GUYS!
Wednesday, 15 May 2013
The thing I love best about this cardigan is it is damn easy to make! The cutting and stitching may take a little while but it's pretty repetitive and therefore a good project to do in front of the telly.
You will need:
Green felt- make sure it's quite high density so that the stems won't just pull off.
Red PomPoms (I cut mine off one of those PomPom trims)
2) Now place your cherries on top and sew them onto the stems. Pom poms are pretty forgiving when it comes to sewing so its unlikely that you'll be able to see any stitches. Make sure they are very secure.
3) Make a tonne of cherries!
4) Now place them on your cardigan to check for placement. You can either sew or glue your cherries on. I prefur sewing as it feels a little more secure. Remember to only sew in the middle of your two leaves so your cherries can bob around to their hearts content.
And you're done! I'm pretty happy with this cardigan. Nothing quite screams cute like tiny miniature cherries.
Tuesday, 14 May 2013
This week is ridiculously busy. I have my last exam on Thursday which I am studying very hard for because it's my hardest one. I'm also trying to negotiate an exciting new contract for the Ukulele Workshop all the while trying to secure new wholesale supplier. On top of that we get the keys to the house tomorrow and we're doing an Ikea trip on Friday and finally moving on Saturday. It's going to be hectic and boy am I feeling the strain! So for some strange reason I thought that the right thing to do to calm down would be to take a nice relaxing stroll up this huge steep hill (I can just hear my friends sayin "It's not that steep!").
But still I am so glad I have finally climbed it. I thought I would leave you with the wonderful sight of Thomas rolling down the hill. Enjoy!
Friday, 10 May 2013
I am going to ace this exam! (Don't worry, Mum, I've got it covered.)
Thursday, 9 May 2013
You will need:
White and coloured paint
A small basket, I bought mine in the flower arranging section of my craft store.
Invisible thread (for stringing up)
2) Now following the seams of your lantern paint alternate segments. I found it was always better to do a coat of white otherwise the colours would mix slightly (so red paint on a yellow balloon would turn out orange).
3) Now add your colour. I left a little white stripe each side because I think it looks cute.
4) Using a scalpel make four small holes next to one of the wire rings at the base of your lanterns.
5) Run a piece of string through the hole and knot.
6) Do this for all four strings.
7) Take your basket.
8) Cut off the handles.
9) Pass the strings through one of the gaps in the basket at the base.
10) And you are totally done! Yay!
Aren't these the cutest thing? I'm really looking forward to stringing them up in our hallway among some pom poms!
Wednesday, 8 May 2013
To decorate I strung up blue streamers horizontally to be the sky and then hung some white card cut into the shape of clouds on invisible thread. I also made hot air balloon lanterns! I'll be sharing the tutorial this week so stay tuned!
Happy Birthday Dad!
Tuesday, 7 May 2013
1) Right now my room is sorta covered in papers. Revision is slow and only uplifted by felt tip pens.
2) My favourite it of my room is this little corner. I love my poster, I love my calender, I love all the stuff crammed above my bed.
3) My extensive cute animal rubber collection really doesn't appreciate having to share a shelf with felt tip pen storage... and a golden dinosaur.
4) Me attempting to make Logic seem like fun...it's not fooling anyone.
5) A new (unfinished) ukulele design I'm working on. I'm hoping to do a lot more designs this summer as well as starting a system where you can send in pictures and preview them to see how they'd look...hmm that didn't make much sense. Anyway, it'll be cool. Oh and yeah that photo is me and George. It's one of my faves.
To everyone with exams good luck!